Saturday, June 13, 2009

British Isles update!

My first post in the Isles! We haven't had much internet service nor the time to really spend time on the computer. I'm at a hotel in Cheshire tonight, where we have very good wifi, so I'm hoping to get some photographs posted later this evening. It's currently 7 PM here, so 2 PM Eastern time.

So far, the trip has been amazing! Ireland is absolutely beautiful, and Wales is even prettier. We have been so, so lucky with the weather, as it has only rained once and just for the morning in Dublin. I've visited Cork, Cashel, The Ring of Kerry, Dublin, Killarney (all in Ireland), North Wales, and now England. Tomorrow we will be spending the day in the Lake District and then traveling to Edinburgh, Scotland.

Later when I post photographs, I will say more about each place we visited thus far. It's about time for dinner now. My first course will be Leek and Potato Soup, my second is going to be some kind of chicken in a mushroom sauce, and the third is vanilla cheesecake. I've found that a lot of the restaurants and hotels where we've eaten have given us food that they consider to be "American", as if we are not interested in trying theirs. It's been a little disappointing, as I wanted to try some ethnic foods. Hopefully I'll get to on the remainder of the trip...

No comments:

Post a Comment