Sunday, June 21, 2009

day 4, north wales

Day 4 was probably my favorite day of the entire trip. The day started out very, very early, as we had to catch a ferry from Dublin to North Wales. Once we arrived in Wales, we stopped in a small town that had the longest name I've ever seen. I tried counting the letters of the name on a sign but lost count at 56. I'm not even going to begin to post the name, so I'll just post a picture of the town's name instead, haha. After we left the long-name town, we visited the town of Beaumaris on the isle of Anglesey in North Wales and it was stunningly beautiful. The gorgeous weather definitely intensified the beauty of this place, but even so, it really was breathtaking (and so relaxing!). I genuinely consider Beaumaris Castle to be one of my favorite places I've ever been. After taking pictures inside the castle, we explored the town and coast of Beaumaris for the remainder of the afternoon. That night, the RIT group minus our professor walked around the small town in England in which we were staying. We just kept walking, photographing, and laughing and weren't paying attention where we were going and ended up getting lost for quite a while. It turns out we really weren't lost at all, as our hotel was only two minutes from where we were when we asked for directions.

It may be hard to see in this small photo, but the very long word across the red sign is the name of the first town we stopped in.

gorgeous ruins of Beaumaris Castle

another part of Beaumaris Castle, looking out at the water and mountains (this does not do justice to the view!)

me on the beach in Beaumaris

part of the town of Beaumaris along the coast


No comments:

Post a Comment