Sunday, June 21, 2009

days 7 & 8, london

When our train arrived in London early in the morning, we boarded a bus right away and began a tour of the city. We made stops at Westminster Abbey and St. Paul's Cathedral, as well as driving over the Tower Bridge, past Big Ben and the Parliament building, and also by Buckingham Palace among the rest of the city. After the tour, we went to our hotel to drop off our bags, then our entire tour group (54 people) jumped on the tube (London Underground) to the center of the city, where we took a short walking tour. After this, we had the next day and a half for free time. My group went to many museums, roamed the city, rode the London Eye, and once again, took tons of photographs during our final time in the British Isles. The last night in London we saw Wicked, which I'd previously seen in Chicago, but was a nice way to end the trip. I wish I would've had even more time in London, as I didn't get to see everything I wanted. I guess that just means I'll have to go back!

Our flights home went fairly well, only experiencing small delays. We arrived back in Rochester around 11:30 PM on Thursday night, June 18th. I took SO many photos throughout the trip, I can't even begin to guess a number. Although I'm still trying to adapt to the time change, 3 days later, and have a cold on top of that, the trip has already become one of my favorite memories. I got to meet so many new people and explore places I might never otherwise have the chance to see. I'd go back in a heartbeat.

St. Paul's Cathedral


mmm, London fish & chips! (and St. Paul's Cathedral in background)

coming out of the London Underground

in Trafalgar Square, looking at Big Ben

really cool place along the Thames covered in graffiti, where there were tons of skateboarders


group of some of the RIT and UCM students and professors in the London Eye

on the London Eye, looking out at the city

me on the Eye, with Big Ben and the Parliament Building

No comments:

Post a Comment